Anonymous Crime Tip Line
The Griffith Police Department with the cooperation of the Griffith Safety Board and the Griffith Town Council, have established a “tip-line” for The Town of Griffith. Citizens wishing to report specific suspicious or criminal activity not requiring immediate police response are encouraged to call and leave a detailed message regarding such activity. Messages left on the “tip-line” will be reviewed on a regular basis and appropriate action will be taken when warranted. Citizens using the “tip-line” may choose to remain anonymous. However, citizens who provide their name and telephone number may be contacted by the Griffith Police Department to obtain further details regarding the activity reported. If a citizen chooses to provide their contact information, they still have the right to remain anonymous. If you witness or have information regarding suspicious or suspected criminal activity that does not require immediate police response, please call the Griffith Police Department “tip-line” at 219-922-3085 or fill it out online by clicking HERE.
Griffith, IN Police Department
Please click HERE to see the whole flier.
Griffith, IN (September 19, 2017) The Town of Griffith received confirmation from the Lake County Health Department that a batch of adult mosquitoes tested positive at Main St. and Colfax for West Nile Virus (WNV). The testing was conducted on August 31, 2017.
“The Town of Griffith urges that residents take precautions to avoid getting bit by mosquitoes, especially for the very young and elderly,” said Rick Ryfa, Griffith’s Town Council President. WNV can cause serious illness and all precautions should be taken.
The most effective way to protect yourself and your family from mosquito bites are as follows:
- Use insect repellent- Use an Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)- registered insect repellent with one of the following active ingredients: DEET, Picaridin (known as KBR 3023), IR3535, oil of lemon eucalyptus (OLE) or para-menthane-diol (PMD), 2-undecanone. Higher percentages of active ingredients provide higher protection.
- If you have a baby or child: Dress your child in clothing that covers arms and legs, or cover crib, stroller, and baby carrier with mosquito netting. Do not use products containing OLE or PMD on children under 3 years of age.
- Treat clothing and gear: Treat items such as boots, pants, socks, and tents with permethrin or purchase permethrin- treated clothing gear.
- Mosquito proof your home: Use screens on windows and doors. Repair holes in screens to keep mosquitoes outside. Use air conditioning when available. Once a week, empty and scrub, turn over, or throw out items that hold water, such as tires, buckets, planters, toys, pools, birdbaths, flowerpots, or trash containers. Check inside and outside your home.
For more information on mosquito bite prevention, please visit:
1) The Griffith Emergency Medical Service Commission will have a meeting Wednesday, September 27, 2017 to discuss the EMS RFP Bids. The meeting will start at 6:00 p.m. at the Griffith Town Hall, 111 N Broad St., Griffith, IN 46319.
2) Representative Mara Candelaria-Reardon will hold a Town Hall Meeting in Griffith, Indiana on Saturday, October 14, 2017 at 10:00 a.m. The meeting will take place at the Griffith Town Hall, 111 N Broad St., Griffith, IN 46319.
John C. Volkmann
Town of Griffith